neighborhood conversations

I was a bit surprised when I talked to my neighbors in the community pool the other day.  True, they are republicans Well, that says it right there darling, fox news and all  but then I talked to my liberal and democrat acquaintances later on in the day and I found the same thing; fear based conversations all around Huh, you'd think they'd have better things to do - like talk about sex on TV!!!

I started to wonder what is going on when I see both parties are on the"fear" bandwagon,  in the literal sense of the word, touting fear of each other.  Remembering my history and FDR's 1st inaugural address, "This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. " So we don't have to be afraid of our own shadows?  Oh, that's why I like the lights down low.

I'm wondering why we all don't just pull together, shovels in hand and dig ourselves out of this hole we are in. Wait now, I thought we were going to keep last night between you and me?  Let's work together and do the neighborly thing, 

No comments: